What is Peppermint Essential Oil?
Native to Southern Europe, peppermint essential oil is familiar and pleasant to most people. This particular essential oil is very intense, as it contains menthol, it induces a cooling sensation, if you find this oil a bit too intense, you may wish to try our Spearmint essential oil instead.
Peppermint Essential Oil Uses
- Try a few drops in your diffuser, to induce a cooling sensation, or dilute heavily in a carrier oil and apply topically, avoid sensitive areas!
- Add a few drops to a carrier oil to help with itchy skin
- Add a few drops to a carrier oil and massage into hair to help reduce an itchy scalp and promote hair growth.
Fosse Top Tip: You may find this oil effective at relieving inflammation of the skin. when used in a massage oil, this oil can help to relieve muscle tension.
- Country of origin: India
- Plant part used: Flowering herb
- Method of extraction: Steam distillation
Please note: Always dilute and test this essential oil on a small patch of skin and observe over a 24 hour period. avoid using the essential oil in diffusers around pregnant women, pets, and children.