What is Patchouli Essential Oil?
Native to South East Asia, patchouli essential oil is a very rich, earthy essential oil that has been known to improve with age like a fine wine, unlike other oils that diminish over time. In perfumery, Patchouli essential oil is a base note, and acts as a fixative to ground a blend, also thought to have aphrodisiac qualities...
Benefits Of Patchouli Essential Oil:
- Mix with a carrier oil such as jojoba, sweet almond, or coconut to help ease dry skin, dermatitis or acne.
- Add a few drops to a carrier oil and massage into hair to help reduce an itchy scalp and promote hair growth.
- Add 2-5 drops to create lightly scented shampoo and body wash at home.
- Add to your diffuser to create a relaxing atmosphere
People with dandruff, psoriasis and even eczema have said that this oil is especially helpful for them, depending on the severity of the condition individual results may vary.
Fosse Top Tip: Sprinkle a few drops onto a cloth and inhale the scent, patchouli may help ease symptoms of cold and flu
- Country of origin: Indonesia
- Plant part used: Leaves
- Method of extraction: Steam distillation
Please note: Always dilute and test this essential oil on a small patch of skin and observe over a 24 hour period. avoid using the essential oil in diffusers around pregnant women, pets, and children.