Lemongrass Essential Oil - 10ml
What is Lemongrass Essential Oil?
Native to South-Asia Lemongrass is a tropical grassy plant mainly used in cooking and herbal medicine. With a beautiful zingy, fresh scent, this essential oil is becoming increasingly popular in aromatherapy.
Benefits of Lemongrass Essential Oil:
- Mix with a carrier oil such as jojoba, sweet almond, or coconut for aromatherapy use.
- Add 2-5 drops to create lightly scented shampoo and body wash at home.
- Add a few drops into your humidifier to create a de-stressing atmosphere
- Sprinkle a small amount on a cloth and place under your pillow to help you relax, as it may help relieve symptoms of anxiety, depression and stress
Lemongrass EO also contains a chemical called Citral, which is known to be an effective anti inflammatory - in 2017 a study was conducted on patients with rheumatoid arthiritis, on average within a period of 30 days, pain levels were reported to decrease from 80% to 50%.
Fosse Top Tip: Add 10 drops to a spray bottle, with water to spray over carpets and furniture to freshen up your home!
- Country of Origin: Guatemala
- Plant part used: Leaves
- Process of extraction: Steam distillation
Please note: Always dilute and test this essential oil on a small patch of skin and observe over a 24 hour period. avoid using the essential oil in diffusers around pregnant women, pets, and children.