What is Citronella Essential Oil?
Originating in Asia, citronella essential oil has a fresh and citrusy scent and is made by distilling the Asian grass plant - Cymbopogon genus.
Benefits of Citronella Essential Oil
Citronella has certain benefits, and has been used in Indonesia and china for hundreds of years to treat rashes, infections, and other health conditions:
- Can be used mainly as as insect repellent, by burning and allowing the scent to flow through the air
- Add a few drops to moisturizer to help with wound healing.
- Add 2-5 drops to create lightly scented shampoo and body wash at home
This natural citrus scent will envelop the room, how will it affect you? A study in 2001 concluded that some people find Citronella to be stimulating, others relaxing, it really depends on the person.
Fosse Top Tip: Dilute citronella oil by using a couple of drops, in a spray bottle with water to use a insect repellent on the go
- Country of Origin: Indonesia (Java)
- Plant part used: Dried grass
- Process of extraction: Steam Distillation
Please note: Always dilute and test this essential oil on a small patch of skin and observe over a 24 hour period. avoid using the essential oil in diffusers around pregnant women, pets, and children.