What is Grapefruit Essential Oil?
Grapefruit Essential oil is a citrus scented slightly orange oil extracted from the rind of grapefruits and extracted usually through the cold pressing method, its stress relieving qualities make it popular in aromatherapy.
Benefits Of Grapefruit Essential Oil:
Citrus oils generally can cause photosensitivity when applied topically before exposure to sunlight, be careful and if using this oil topically, always dilute, and use at night time so that the oil can disperse prior to exposure.
- Add 2-5 drops to create lightly scented shampoo and body wash at home.
- Add 4-6 drops to your bath to promote relaxation
- Mix with a carrier oil such as jojoba, sweet almond, or coconut for aromatherapy use.
- Add 1-3 drops to facial scrubs and apply for 20 minutes, twice a week, this can help ease acne
Fosse Top Tip: Try putting a few drops of this oil into your diffuser and enjoy the wonderfully fresh scent gently filling the room.
- Country of Origin: USA
- Plant part used: Peel (rind)
- Method of extraction: Cold expression
Please note: Always dilute and test this essential oil on a small patch of skin and observe over a 24 hour period. avoid using the essential oil in diffusers around pregnant women, pets, and children.