What is Cedarwood Essential Oil?
Native to North America cedarwood essential oil has a lovely woodsy scent and is derived from the needles, bark, leaves and berries of the cedar tree.
Benefits of Cedarwood Essential Oil:
Some of the components found in this oil are cedrine, cedrol, and thujopsene. Some people have said these may have the following properties:
- Add a few drops to a carrier oil and massage into hair to help reduce an itchy scalp and promote hair growth.
- Add a 2-5 drops to a diffuser to release the scent into your room, sedative qualities can help with insomnia.
- Sprinkle a small amount on a cloth and place under your pillow to help you relax.
- Add 1-3 drops to facial scrubs and apply for 20 minutes, twice a week, this can help ease acne.
Used in aromatherapy applications, cedarwood Essential Oil helps to deodorize indoor environments, and repel insects. It is also said to prevent the development of mildew, improve cerebral activity, relax the body, and enhance concentration.
Fosse Top Tip: Add a few drops to a bath before bed for a calming and peaceful aroma to help you de-stress.
- Country of origin: United states
- Plant parts used: Wood
- Method of extraction: Steam distillation
Please note: Always dilute and test this essential oil on a small patch of skin and observe over a 24 hour period. avoid using the essential oil in diffusers around pregnant women, pets, and children.